Early Voting Begins Monday in Illinois
Early voting begins in Illinois on Monday, October 22.
For the first time, Champaign County residents will be able to vote in new locations depending on where they live. The new locations are:
• Illini Union Room 317, University of Illinois campus
• Spalding Recreation Center, 910 N. Harris, Champaign
• Meadowbrook Community Church, 1902 S. Duncan Rd., Champaign
• Grace Church, 800 W. Oak St., Mahomet
• Rantoul Recreation Center, 100 E. Flessner, Rantoul
• St. Joseph Village Annex, 201 Second St., St. Joseph
• Tolono Public Library, 111 East Main St., Tolono
As in previous years, all Champaign County residents may cast an early ballot at the Brookens Administration Building in Urbana. Residents can see which polling place they are eligible to use at www.champaigncountyclerk.com.
Champaign County Clerk Gordy Hulten says he’s excited about the new polling locations.
“We hope people take advantage of it and realize that this is going to be a very busy election on Election Day,” Hulten said. “If they’re concerned at all about their schedule or time or lines on Election Day, voting early is easy and convenient, and now it is available at a number of different locations around Champaign County.”
In Macon County, early voting will take place at the County Office Building in Decatur. Macon County Clerk Stephen Bean anticipates a busy election season.
“People have got to realize that once early voting starts – the amount of people we have increases dramatically,” Bean said. “We’ve already had 1,900 people vote in our office using no excuse absentee voting and also using the grace period.”
Further information for early voting in Macon County is available at www.co.macon.il.us/index.php.
Early voters need only present a photo ID to participate.