Digital Media Associate Producer
Illinois Public Media (IPM) seeks a Digital Media Associate Producer to produce creative content for broadcast and digital platforms and provide technical and operational support at WILL AM-FM-TV and will.illinois.edu, the public broadcasting service of the College of Media at the University of Illinois.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- serve as technical director/producer for local productions, breaking news, and on-air fundraising
- provide technical support for ISDN connections, in-studio and field recordings, and remote broadcasts
- produce audio (and possibly video) content, including program elements, fundraising spots, promotional spots, podcasts and news features
- write and record voice tracks for playlist continuity, underwriting, and promotional spots
- assist in maintaining radio automation system
- participate in rotation of after-hours automation support
- assist in the technical support and training of automation/editing software for the IPM staff
- provide audio support for live and pre-recorded television productions and broadcasts
- work with internal and external IPM clients to schedule studio time, coordinate various types of connection options, record and edit material for media projects
- record, edit and assist in production of music and other performance events in studio or on location as needed
- assist in program acquisition and distribution
- serve as support to the News Department and to the traffic side of the Broadcast Operations Department
- plan and develop audio production projects
- produce, edit and repackage content across all platforms
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in broadcasting, media, communications or a related field. Other required qualifications include:
- Two years of professional experience in media creation including producing, voicing, recording and editing.
- One year of professional experience with media content delivery platforms.
- Experience working with full range of broadcast production tools (software, editing, automation, and broadcast systems).
- Experience working with and appropriately using different types of microphones.
- Demonstrated experience making quick decisions and appropriate adjustments to programming when breaking news occurs or when technical difficulties force a change in program availability.
- Knowledge of Federal Communications Commission rules and regulations concerning technical and programming operations of radio stations.
- Knowledge of broadcast operations and broadcast production techniques, including familiarity with broadcast equipment used in both radio and television
- On air program hosting experience is preferred.
SALARY and BENEFITS:
This is a full-time, 12-month academic professional appointment at the University of Illinois Urbana campus with a start date as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications. The University offers a generous benefits package, including one month of paid vacation annually, health, dental and life insurance, sick leave, a pension system, and tuition benefits.
Full information available on the position and application process is at on the Illinois Jobs Website. To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by June 22, 2015. The committee may begin reviewing applications before the close date but no decision will be made until after the close date. Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter describing qualifications for the position, current resume and the names and contact information for three professional references. Please let us know how you learned about this job opening. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Jane Dowler at (217) 333-2351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Illinois Public Media welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).