At Home Learning by Subject: Engineering
Hi, parents! We've created a special television schedule of PBS KIDS programs to support you children's engineering learning. All programs air on WILL-TV's main channel, 12.1, at the times listed below.
7:00AM – 7:30AM Curious George
Subject: Science, Math, Engineering
Ages: 3 - 8
Curious George is a little monkey with an insatiable curiosity. Like George, children are intrigued by new things. They're natural explorers and scientists, and they're anxious to know how things work. The Curious George series takes full advantage of this natural curiosity, using George to motivate children to expand their own investigations of the world. George's memorable adventures — from dismantling clocks to rounding up errant bunnies — offer the perfect vehicles for introducing preschoolers to key concepts in science, engineering, and math.
- Watch anytime on PBS KIDS: https://pbskids.org/video/curious-george
- Learn more about the show: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/curious-george/about/
- Articles, Hands-On Activities, Games and Apps: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/curious-george
12:30PM – 1:00PM The Cat in the Hat
Subject: Science, Engineering
Ages: 3 - 5
The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! is designed to spark a love of learning and an interest in science and engineering in preschool-aged children. The show is designed to cultivate positive views about science and scientists among the next generation—the children who will become tomorrow’s citizens and innovators—and help families and teachers build communities of science explorers.
- Watch anytime on PBS KIDS: https://pbskids.org/video/the-cat-in-the-hat
- Learn more about the show: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/cat-in-the-hat/about/
- Articles, Hands-On Activities, Games and Apps: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/cat-in-the-hat