At Home Learning by Subject: Math
Hi, parents! We've created a special television schedule of PBS KIDS programs to support you children's math learning. All programs air on WILL-TV's main channel, 12.1, at the times listed below.
7:00AM – 7:30AM Curious George
Subject: Science, Math, Engineering
Ages: 3 - 8
Curious George is a little monkey with an insatiable curiosity. Like George, children are intrigued by new things. They're natural explorers and scientists, and they're anxious to know how things work. The Curious George series takes full advantage of this natural curiosity, using George to motivate children to expand their own investigations of the world. George's memorable adventures — from dismantling clocks to rounding up errant bunnies — offer the perfect vehicles for introducing preschoolers to key concepts in science, engineering, and math.
- Watch anytime on PBS KIDS: https://pbskids.org/video/curious-george
- Learn more about the show: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/curious-george/about/
- Articles, Hands-On Activities, Games and Apps: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/curious-george
8:00AM - 8:30AM Peg + Cat
Ages: 3 – 5
Peg + Cat is an animated math-based series for children ages 3-5 years old. The show follows the adorable, spirited Peg and her sidekick Cat as they embark on adventures, solve problems together, and learn foundational math concepts and skills. Peg + Cat will inspire preschoolers’ natural curiosity about math and help them develop new skills and strategies for solving problems creatively in their daily lives. Through engaging characters, whimsical stories, and songs, the show celebrates the ways in which math plays a role in their world.
- Watch anytime on PBS KIDS: https://pbskids.org/video/peg-cat
- Learn more about the show: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/peg/about/
- Articles, Hands-On Activities, Games and Apps: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/peg
2:30PM – 3:00PM Odd Squad
Ages: 4 – 8
From recapturing a gallon-sized blob that has separated into smaller pieces, to dealing with a slew of unicorns, dinosaurs and wizards that have escaped from books, there is no occurrence that is too strange for the Odd Squad as they face off against various villains that wreak havoc around town. Odd Squad agents use effective mathematical practices and critical mathematics concepts and skills to ultimately solve each case. In other words: Odd is the problem, math is the solution.
- Watch anytime on PBS KIDS: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/odd-squad
- Learn more about the show: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/odd-squad/about/
- Articles, Hands-On Activities, Games and Apps: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/odd-squad
4:00PM – 4:30PM Cyberchase
Ages: 8 - 11
In the world of Cyberchase, the dastardly villain Hacker is on a mad mission to overthrow Motherboard and take over Cyberspace with the help of his blundering henchbots, Buzz and Delete. But Motherboard enlists the help of three curious kids, Inez, Jackie, and Matt, and their cyberpal, Digit, to stop him. Their weapon: brain power. In For Real, the live-action segment following each animated episode, Harry and Bianca show kids how math can help solve life’s wacky problems in the real world.
- Watch anytime on PBS KIDS: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/cyberchase/about/
- Learn more about the show: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/cyberchase/about/
- Articles, Hands-On Activities, Games and Apps: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/cyberchase
4:30PM – 5:00PM Sci Girls
Subject: Science, Math, Engineering
Ages: 8 – 12
SciGirls is a show for kids ages 8-12, showcasing bright, curious, real tween girls putting science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) to work in their everyday lives. In each half hour episode you’ll meet a new group of girls, whose eagerness to find answers to their questions will inspire your children to explore the world around them and discover that science and technology are everywhere!
- Watch anytime on PBS KIDS: https://pbskids.org/video/scigirls/1434938690
- Learn more about the show: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/scigirls/about/
- Articles, Hands-On Activities, Games and Apps: https://www.pbs.org/parents/shows/scigirls