Bob Endres Internship at Illinois Public Media - Spring, 2018
Illinois Public Media Intern
Illinois Public Media is looking for an undergraduate or graduate student who's passionate about radio and online news for our spring news internship at WILL, the NPR News and PBS station in Champaign-Urbana. Interns learn and work alongside veteran journalists while reporting on issues relevant to our audiences, producing online stories and multimedia packages, scheduling and conducting interviews, writing copy and reporting through social media. The Endres Intern will be paid $2,250 and requires a commitment of 10 hours each week for 15 weeks. May also receive internship course credit, inquire with your College to seek enrollment approval.
1. Produce in-depth interviews and multimedia stories for statewide talk show
2. Participate in editorial meetings and suggest story ideas, guests and digital treatments.
3. Conduct interviews and write news copy for air, web and social media.
4. Keep up on current issues, events and newsmakers in Illinois.
5. Engage with audiences through social media.
6. Maintain the standards of journalistic ethics and excellence.
1. Previous journalism experience
2. Experience producing audio, video and written content
3. Excellent writing skills
4. Organized and motivated self-starter
5. Strong news judgment
6. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
7. Demonstrated ability to work with a team
8. Schedule must allow for regular blocks of time in the newsroom
9. Must be enrolled at the University of Illinois
TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter and three samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 23, 2018. Interviews may begin sooner, but no candidate will be selected until after the deadline. Illinois Public Media is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.