The Digital Manager is part of the team that collaborates to design, update, analyze, test, troubleshoot, and enhance Illinois Public Media's content platforms, services, and applications. This person collaborates with other departments at Illinois Public Media, including News, Content Production, Programming, Fundraising, Operations, and Marketing to implement best practices in digital content distribution to grow the audience and improve the user experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Digital Content Distribution & Maintenance
- Assists in planning and integrating content across multiple platforms.
- Works collaboratively to develop strategies for a consistent brand experience across digital platforms.
- Maintains strong awareness of the competitive landscape and user experience design trends and evaluates their applicability.
- Assists in the curation of Illinois Public Media's online media throughout the content lifecycle.
- Analytics & Support
- Monitors all data and analytics from digital platforms.
- Assists in analyzing existing content platforms and develops requirements to create new digital capabilities.
- Works collaboratively with content producers to tailor content for different platforms.
- Supports existing web applications to improve functionality and reach.
- Advises on digital best practices regarding news and media consumption, user experience, SEO, industry research, and analytics.
- Supports staff training efforts on digital content tools.
- Creates necessary documentation and guidance on station's digital assets.
- Participates in on-air fundraising, community outreach projects, and marketing activities on behalf of Illinois Public Media.
- Fosters and maintains relations with staff, College of Media leaders, clients, and audience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations, or a closely related field.
- One year of professional work experience in marketing, public relations, communications, brand management, or a related professional area.
- Demonstrated content and branding experience across digital platforms.
- Experience using graphic editing tools to prepare images for the web
- Experience with data analytics.
- Experience with digital content, products, and services
- Bachelor's degree in information science, communications, or related field.
- Ability to build clear narratives through data analytics and campaign reporting (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, other digital marketing tools)
- Familiarity with industry metadata standards and schemas.
- Experience with digital asset management tools.
- Familiarity with at least one markup language (e.g., HTML, Markdown, etc.)
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 5004 - Marketing Associate position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after 2/16/2023. Salary is commensurate with experience.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on February 6, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact Cassie Kenton, firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.