Digital News Intern Summer/Fall 2021-2022
- Writing Tier-1 news stories for online publication
- Scheduling daily posts on social media
- Curating the weekly newsletter under the guidance of the Digital Producer
- Assisting WILL full-time reporters on their digital stories
- Occasionally writing news stories for on-air newscasts
This intern must have great attention to detail, excellent writing and spelling skills, and the ability to work independently. Experience writing for an online news organization is preferred although not necessary. The ability to write news in another language is also a preference.
About Illinois Public Media
Illinois Public Media is a not-for-profit public media service of the College of Media at the University of Illinois, educating, entertaining, inspiring, and empowering by airing the best of public television and radio programs, producing local content for broadcast and the Web, and working with community partners to address needs and concerns.