Morning News Podcast Producer Internship
The morning news podcast producer will help the WILL Morning Edition host produce and edit the 217 Today podcast, which is a daily news podcast in Central Illinois. The schedule is Monday-Friday 5:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m.
About the Position:
- Write and edit spot stories, cut/copies and headlines using AP and NPR style. Pulling from and attributing other sources if needed.
- Edit audio to NPR standards.
- Prep stories from other Illinois Public Radio stations for broadcast use.
- Load audio into automation system.
- Mix audio for daily podcast including music, host voice, and audio elements of news stories.
- Produce quality work on tight news deadlines.
- Produce and publish web stories based on 217 Today podcast script and audio.
- Must be able to work independently
About Illinois Public Media
Illinois Public Media is a not-for-profit public media service of the College of Media at the University of Illinois, educating, entertaining, inspiring, and empowering by airing the best of public television and radio programs, producing local content for broadcast and the Web, and working with community partners to address needs and concerns. WILL-AM 580 offers a comprehensive alternative to quick-fix news through local and regional coverage as well as a local talk show, weather and agricultural news, and coverage from NPR and the BBC.