Student Web Developer
Illinois Public Media seeks a student hourly web developer for the public broadcasting stations licensed to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, which include WILL AM, WILL FM, and WILL TV.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Web design implementation
- Application development and maintenance
- Content maintenance and publishing
- Project research
- Data analysis
Project Examples (team projects):
- Audio player refactoring, performance, and embeddability
- Automation and testing of operational tasks
- CMS Migration
- Data Visualization and interactive web presentations
- Strong grasp of modern HTML and CSS
- Fluent in at least one programming language, and able to explain its role in web development
- Comfortable working with git in a team environment
- Familiar with web-related build tools and package managers (e.g., npm, webpack)
- Experience working with RESTful APIs or other data sources
- Strong understanding of MVC/MVVM design patterns
- Familiar with current university web accessibility requirements (i.e., WCAG 2.0 AA)
Illinois Public Media is a not-for-profit public media service of the College of Media. We have been on the air since 1922, producing content in multiple formats for nearly 60 years, and were among the first NPR stations to stream its broadcast online. If you're ready to help build the next generation of our content delivery ecosystem, then you just might be the developer we're looking for.
Federal Work-Study students are encouraged to apply.