From WILL - News Local/State -

Coroner: Champaign Couple May Have Died Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

An autopsy will be conducted Wednesday on a couple whose bodies were found in their West Champaign home. 

Champaign County Coroner Duane Northrup said Man Diep, 78, and Ut T. Dao, 76, died of possible carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Authorities were called to the home just past 3 p.m. after a report of two unresponsive adults with smoke coming from the residence. 

Burning food was found on the stove in the home in the 700 block of Goldenview Drive. 

An inquest may be held at a later date.  The deaths remain under investigation by Northrup and Champaign Police.

UPDATE:  Wednesday afternoon, Northrup confirmed the couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning.  He said both had high levels in their blood.

 

Categories: