From AP - News Headlines -

Coroner: Danville Girls Died of Carbon Monoxide

The Vermilion County coroner says two young girls who died in a house fire in Danville were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Coroner Peggy Johnson said Thursday that preliminary results of autopsies conducted on 5-year-old Deziray Mott and 4-year-old Seiona Haywood showed that they had inhaled large amounts of smoke and soot from the fire in their home.

The house caught fire early Wednesday morning. Two adults and two young boys escaped the blaze.

Fire investigators have said they believe the fire was started by children playing with a lighter.

Categories: Community