Champaign-Urbana Ballet’s ‘Nutcracker’ Returns To Krannert
Champaign-Urbana Ballet opens its 21st annual production of Tchaikovsky’s “Nutcracker” Friday night at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts in Urbana.
Illinois Public Media’s Brian Moline got a preview of this year’s production from C-U Ballet Board Member Ali Lewis and Executive Director Kay Greene.
Greene said audiences will get a new scene in this year’s Nutcracker performances, inspired by artistic director Deanna Doty’s visit to an area dairy farm.
"Who would know that a summer day tour of a dairy in Mansfield, Illinois would lead to a whole new scene in "The Nutcracker?" she said. "It's a little bit of a tribute to the "Dutch Dairy," Midwest style."
Performance Dates and Times
- Friday November 30, 7:30pm
- Saturday December 1, 2:00pm
- Saturday December 1, 7:30pm
- Sunday December 2, 2:00pm
- Friday December 7, 7:30pm
- Saturday December 8, 2:00pm
- Saturday December 8, 7:30pm
- Sunday December 9, 2:00pm