Six Charged In Connection With Death Of Ashley Gibson
Champaign police say six men have been charged with one felony count each of dismembering a human body. Gibson's family said Wednesday they knew who was responsible.
Gibson was reported missing on April 19th. Five days later, her body was found at Clinton Lake.
Champaign police said Thursday at a news conference that six Champaign men have been charged in connection with the case. Four are in custody. All six are charged with one felony count of dismembering a human body.
The News Gazette reports States Attorney Julia Rietz says more charges could be added later.
Those charged are:
- Davion K. Hedrick, 26-year-old male from Champaign
- Donte D. Meeks, 25-year-old male, Champaign
- Randale D. Banks, 28-year-old male, Champaign
- Reginald Logan, 23-year-old male, Champaign
- Javon Tate, 19-year-old male, Champaign
- Deundrea M. Weatherspoon, 25-year-old male, Champaign