217 Today: A Dialogue with Urbana Police Chief Larry D. Boone
Friday, February 9, 2024
- A man is in critical condition after being shot in downtown Champaign.
- Illinois Democratic Senator Dick Durbin is in Washington, D.C. but remains focused on infrastructure issues back at home.
- Illinois Republicans are hoping – again – that they’re not entirely shut out of this year’s state budget process.
- A downstate Illinois funeral home director had his license revoked last year after a state investigation found that he had given dozens of families the wrong cremated ashes.
- Head Illini football coach Bret Bielema announced yesterday that Justin Stepp is the new Wide Receivers coach pending University of Illinois Board of Trustees approval.
In today's deep dive, we’ll learn why Urbana's new police chief says tracking the flow of guns will help reduce youth violence in Black and Brown communities.
217 Today is produced by Stephanie Mosqueda. Reporting contributed by Linda Kenyon, Mawa Iqbal, Alex Degman, Colin Hislope and Reginald Hardwick.