217 Today: Mary Miller defeats Rodney Davis in the 15th Congressional District Republican Primary
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
- Downstate conservative Darren Bailey clinched a victory Tuesday night in his race for the Republican nomination for Illinois governor.
- Democratic Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker is already on the attack against his Republican opponent in November’s election, Darren Bailey.
- Democratic voters in the 13th Congressional District have chosen former Biden aide Nikki Budzinski to represent the party in November.
- Former teacher and entrepreneur Regan Deering from Decatur has won a close race in the Republican 13th Congressional District primary.
- Republican Kathy Salvi won a 7-way primary for U.S. Senate. She'll face Democrat Tammy Duckworth in November.
- Attorney Thomas DeVore won the Republican primary for attorney general, while state representative Dan Brady won the GOP primary for secretary of state.
- Savoy Mayor John P. Brown is the Republican nominee for Champaign County Sheriff in November. Meanwhile, Macon County Sheriff Jim Root will be on the November ballot in his bid for a second term.
In today's deep dive, we'll learn how Mary Miller defeated Rodney Davis during a battle of incumbents in the 15th Congressional District Republican Primary.
217 Today is produced by Sydney Wood. Reporting today contributed by Mawa Iqbal, Tony Arnold, Emily Hays, Jim Meadows and Alex Degman.