217 Today: “Pride of the Illini” showcases LGBTQ+ stories and art at UIUC
Thursday, January 18, 2024
- A working group dedicated to preserving and enhancing local news in Illinois is out with its recommendations.
- The Illinois State Board of Elections is now reviewing objections to President Biden and former President Trump appearing on the state ballot.
- In the first year of Illinois’ new early childhood initiative, the state enrolled more new preschoolers than anticipated.
- Jewish community members say they feel unheard after a ceasefire in Gaza resolution was proposed to Urbana’s city council.
- The Fighting Illini women’s basketball team defeated the Rutgers Scarlet Knights.
In today's deep dive, we’ll listen to a conversation with “Pride of the Illini” creator Lindsay Peters.
217 Today is produced by Stephanie Mosqueda. Reporting contributed by Alex Degman, Mae Antar, Mawa Iqbal, Will Bauer, Colin Hislope and Owen Henderson.