217 Today: Indigenous art challenges stereotypes and displays modern culture at Spurlock Museum
Thursday, May 25, 2023
- Budget talks in Springfield are delayed once again, despite the governor and top legislative leaders announcing an agreement for a state spending plan.
- This summer a state commission is set to release recommendations on a funding formula for public universities. But, Illinois has never had one.
- A dust storm earlier this month that was caused by a combination of dry topsoil and farm activity highlights the need to protect against soil erosion.
- Governor J.B. Pritzker's signature is the only thing standing in the way of an abortion bill that prevents agencies from using deceptive anti-abortion measures from becoming law.
- The Immigrant Impact Task Force, a statewide effort to review and suggest methods that could help immigrants in Illinois, recently released a list of recommendations.
In today's deep dive, we’ll hear a conversation about the work of indigenous artists being displayed in a new exhibit at the Spurlock Museum.
Reporting today contributed by Camryn Cutinello, Lisa Philip, Sarah Nardi, Mae Antar, Luis Velazquez and Emily Hays.