217 Today: Tax credits jump start Midwest carbon capture projects
Friday, July 14, 2023
- Iowa’s Republican-led legislature passed a bill this week banning most abortions after six weeks of pregnancy.
- Two recruits to Northwestern’s football team have announced they will not be joining the program following news of hazing.
- Governor J.B. Pritzker has signed legislation making it easier for community college students to transfer into the state’s universities.
- About two-dozen protesters Wednesday called for the release of names of Chicago cops under investigation for alleged sexual misconduct involving at least one migrant.
- The Dennis Lab Schools in the Decatur Public School District is now off limits to everyone after the Illinois Department of Labor received a complaint that employees were still entering and exiting the buildings.
In today's deep dive, we’ll learn more about how tax credits are part of the Biden administration’s plan to lower greenhouse gas emissions.
Reporting today contributed by Araceli Gomez-Aldana, Lisa Philip, Mae Antar, Reginald Hardwick and Juanpablo Ramirez-Franco.