Women Wanting to Learn More About Running the Farm
Women involved in agriculture and wanting to learn more about managing risk on the farm can sign up for Annie’s Project classes this winter. Annie’s Project was originated by Ruth Hambleton before she retired from Illinois Extension.
- Financial Risk – women and money, basic financial documentation, interpreting financial statements, enterprise analysis, USDA programs, and record keeping systems
- Human Resource Risk – communication and management styles, insurance needs, and succession planning
- Legal Risk – estate planning, farmland leasing, and employee management
- Market Risk – access to market information and grain or livestock marketing
- Production Risk – Natural Resources Conservation Service, web soil survey, and crop insurance