Illinois Public Media receives national recognition in both radio and television
It has been an award-winning summer for Illinois Public Media, receiving a total of seven national awards for both radio and television, so far.
The 21st was awarded two PRDNI Awards from Public Radio News Directors Incorporated. The statewide radio talk show received 2nd place in the following categories:
- Call-in Program, Division B: “Illinois Reacts to Election 2016: Recap of State House Races”
- Interview, Division B: “Combatting Suicide Stigma”
According to the Public Radio News Directors Incorporated website, the PRNDI awards “are designed to honor the very best reporting in a wide variety of categories.”
“It means a lot to see this team and their work honored on a national level by some of the best editors in public media,” said Scott Cameron, executive editor for The 21st and Illinois Newsroom. “And earning not one, but two, awards in a show’s first year is remarkable!”
The 21st a daily production of Illinois Public Media that brings you the news, culture, and stories that matter to Illinois, airing weekdays at 11 a.m. The hour-long talk show broadcasts on WILL-AM 580 as well as four other public media stations across Illinois: WGLT in Bloomington-Normal, WUIS in Springfield, WNIJ in DeKalb, and WCBU in Peoria.
Illinois Public Media was also thrilled to receive the news that two original documentary productions were honored with a total of five Telly Awards in the following categories:
- Silver award, General Documentary: Individual, Barns: An Illinois Story (trailer)
- Silver award, Craft Videography/Cinematography, Barns: An Illinois Story
- Bronze award, Craft Editing, Barns: An Illinois Story
- Bronze award, Craft Videography/Cinematography, Barns: An Illinois Story (trailer)
- Bronze award, General Documentary: Individual, Ebertfest 2016: Center of the Universe
The Telly Awards were founded in 1979. Since then, they have become one of the premier awards honoring the finest film and video productions, groundbreaking web commercials, videos and films, and outstanding local, regional, and cable TV commercials and programs.