ARD Competition from Munich tonight at 7 pm on the “Evening Concert”
Tonight at 7:00 on the Evening Concert on FM 90.9 Michael Karg is the double-bass soloist in Vanhal’s “Double Bass Concerto” from the “A_R_D Competition” held in Munich each summer. Also on the program excerpts from performances by the other contestants…music by Mozart, Haydn, Debussy, Strauss, Gliere and Bartok.
Monday August 28: Deutsche Welle Festival Concerts (DWF 2016-15)
DWF 2016-15 ARD Competition [from Munich]
Locations: Hercules Hall, the Munich Residential Palace (1,3,6,7) Prince Regent Theater, Munich (2,4,5,8)
Performed by: Bavarian RSO (1,6,7); Conductor: Constantin Trinks (1,6,7)
Munich Chamber Orchestra (2,4,5) Host: Rick Fulker
(1) STRAUSS: Horn concerto No. 2 in E-flat Major, 3rd movement [Marc Gruber, horn]
(2) DEBUSSY: Danses secrée et profane (Sacred and Profane Dances) [Anais Gaudemard, harp]
(3) BARTÓK: String Quartet No. 3, Sz 85 [Quatuor Arod (Arod Quartet)]
(4) VANHAL: Concerto in D Major for double bass and orchestra [Michael Karg, double bass]*
(5) MOZART: Horn Cto No. 4 in E-flat Major, K. 495; 2nd & 3rd mvmnts [Katerina Javurkova, horn]
(6) GLIÈRE: Harp concerto, op. 74, 2nd and 3rd movements [Agnes Clement, harp]
(7) ROTA: Divertimento concertante for double bass & orch, 2nd, 3rd & 4th mvmnts [Wies de Boeve, double bass (7)]
(8) HAYDN: String quartet in G Minor, op. 74, No. 3 (The Horseman), 2nd, 3rd and 4th movements [Aris Quartet]
*1st prize and special prizes – “Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy Conservatory Competition” 2014, 2nd Prize – “Leoš Janáček International Competition” 2013, 1st Prize – “International Johann-Matthias-Sperger Competition” 2012, 1st prize and special prize – “Jugend musiziert” Competition 2010. Michael Karg has been a member of the double bass section of the Berliner Philharmoniker since the beginning of the 2014/2015 season.