l’arte del mondo plays music of Beethoven’s youth on the “Evening Concert”.
Tonight at 7:00 on the “Evening Concert” on FM 90.9 it’s a Deutsche Welle Festival Concert from Bonn. Conductor Werner Erhardt leads the orchestra l’arte del mondo in a concert of works Mozart, Reicha and others that might have been heard in Bonn when Beethoven was a youth.
Thursday May 7: Deutsche Welle Festival Concerts (DWF 2019-19) L'arte del mondo
Orchestra l'arte del mondo (1,2,4,6,8); Conductor: Werner Ehrhardt (1,2,4,6,8)
Soloists: Georg Poplutz, tenor (2,6); Emilio Percan, violin (4); Catherine Jones, cello (4)
(1) WINEBERGER: Symphony in G Major
(2) REICHA: Scène italienne (Italian scene) for tenor and orchestra
(3) [DWF fill: REICHA: Wind Quintet No. 1 in E Minor, op. 88, No. 1; Albert Schweitzer Quintet]
(4) ROMBERG: Sinfonia Concertante in C Major for violin, cello and orchestra, B. 49
(5) [DWF fill: ROMBERG: String Quartet Opus 1, No. 2; (Leipzig String Quartet)]
(6) RIGHINI: Rasserena i vaghi rai (Cheer up the sad looks), aria from the singspiel Enea nel Lazio (Aeneas in Latium)
(7) [DWF fill: RIGHINI: Ballet music from The Magic Forest; SW German Radio Orch./ Emmerich Smola]
(8) MOZART: Symphony No. 33 in B-flat Major, K. 319