A Story Of Resilience: How Perry Cline Overcame Incarceration, Heroin Addiction To Earn A Degree
Perry Cline’s story is a remarkable one. He’s a formerly incarcerated 51-year-old man who overcame the odds to graduate from the University of Illinois last month.
This is a follow-up to last week’s story about Cline and what it took for him to achieve his academic goals.
We felt it important to give Cline the space and a platform to tell that story himself — both in video and through a longer audio story.
You can find the audio at the top of this article, and the video below.
- From Prison To College: How A Formerly Incarcerated Student Overcame The Odds To Graduate
- Susan Burton’s Journey From Prison To Fighting For Incarcerated Women; NPR’s Sam Sanders
- Department of Corrections Director Blames Illinois Lawmakers For Lack Of Spending On Prison Books
- Prison Volunteer Sues IDOC Over Cancellation Of Debate Class
- Illinois Prison System Spent Less Than $300 On Books Last Year