Richland Hospital In Olney Announces Plans To Join Carle System
Richland Memorial Hospital in the Richland County town of Olney may become part of the Carle Health System.
The hospital already has a clinical affiliation with Carle in Urbana, as do hospitals in Robinson and Paris. But Richland Memorial CEO David Allen says this new “integration” agreement would allow his hospital to expand services, such as Cardiology, from two to five days a week.
Stephanie Beever, Carle’s Executive Vice President and System Chief Strategy Officer, says Olney area residents shouldn’t have to drive far for specialized care.
“It’s a great opportunity to support their hospital, their emergency services, their primary care services, and some of the specialty care they have with other adjunctive clinical specialties, so that we can keep people in their own community," said Beever.
The agreement between the two hospitals requires a vote by the Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board, which is expected by the end of the year. Both hospital boards also have to approve the move.
Richland Memorial would become the third hospital in the Carle system, joining Hoopeston Regional Health Center, which teamed up with Carle in 2012.
- Paris, Ill. Hospital Is Latest To Join Carle Rural Alliance
- Hoopeston Hospital Now Part of Carle System
- Carle Physicians Return to Monticello’s Kirby Hospital
- Carle Hospital, Carle Clinic Now One Organization
- State Conducts Hearing on Proposed Carle Hospital, Clinic Merger
- Carle Hospital, Clinic Move Closer to Merger
- Richland Memorial Hospital website
- Carle Foundation Hospital website