Hill Delivers Nail-Biting 60-58 Illini Win Over Penn State
Illinois forward Malcolm Hill scored 27 points Saturday including two on a layup with four seconds left in the game to deliver a 60-58 win over Penn State.
Hill was mobbed at midcourt by teammates when Penn State's last, desperate attempt to tie fell short.
The win was relief for an Illini team (14-8, 4-5) already depleted by injury that got more bad news just before game time.
Coach John Groce suspended two of those injured players, Rayvonte Rice and Aaron Cosby, indefinitely for unspecified violations of team rules.
Kendrick Nunn added 10 points for Illinois. Leron Black had a game-high seven rebounds.
D.J. Newbill led Penn State (14-8, 2-7) with 20 points. Shep Garner added 14.
Penn State played without starting forward Brandon Taylor for the second straight game. He has a knee injury.
- Shorthanded Illini Fall On The Road To Minnesota 79-71
- Purdue Boilermakers Fall to the Illini, 66-57
- The Illini Suffer a Late Loss to Indiana 80-74
- Illini Offense Struggles in 54-43 Loss to Nebraska
- Fmr. Illini Voice Now Manages C-U’s New Minor League Basketball Team
- Malcom Hill’s Career-High 28 Points Leads Illini to Victory Over Maryland
- Illini Rice Out Indefinitely With Hand Injury
- Illini Crumble In 2nd Half, Fall At Ohio State 77-61
- Illini Take Braggin’ Rights Game 62-59
- Villanova Beats Illini 73-59 At Madison Square Garden
- Illini Top American 70-55, Improve To 7-1
- Illini Fall To Clemson In NIT, 50-49
- Illinois Loses Big Ten Opener To Michigan 73-65 In OT
- Oregon Beats Illinois 77-70
- Miami Gives Illinois Men’s Basketball Its First Loss, 70-61
- More from Fighting Illini.com