Cubs’ Arrieta No-Hits LA Dodgers
Jake Arrieta pitched the sixth no-hitter in the majors this season and second against the Los Angeles Dodgers in 10 days, leading the Chicago Cubs to a 2-0 victory Sunday night.
Arrieta (17-6) became the first 17-game winner in the big leagues by throwing baseball's third no-hitter in less than three weeks.
Astros right-hander Mike Fiers blanked the NL West-leading Dodgers 3-0 on Aug. 21. Los Angeles had never been no-hit twice in a season.
Arrieta struck out a season-high 1 - one off his career high - and walked one to help the Cubs snap a four-game skid on the last night of their six-game West Coast trip.
He finished August with a 6-0 record, tying Boston's Joe Kelly as the only pitchers with that many wins in the month.
- Cubs Dismiss Manager Renteria To Make Room For Maddon
- Cubs To Leave WGN Radio After 90 Years
- Cubs, White Sox Stars Maddux, Thomas Elected To Hall Of Fame
- Jamie Moyer talks about his new book and the Chicago Cubs
- Theo Epstein Aims to Break the Cubs’ Drought
- Epstein Formally Takes Cubs Job
- The Cubs: The Complete Story Of Chicago Cubs Baseball
- A list of Cubs no-hitters