Illini, Aaron Cosby Part Ways
Illinois guard Aaron Cosby has left the team after an injury and a recent suspension kept him out of the lineup.
The redshirt junior from Louisville, Kentucky, plans on earning his degree before transferring to another college to pursue a master's degree.
Illini Coach John Groce said it made sense after several discussions for the team and Cosby to part ways.
“We’re going to do nothing but support him, and help him," he said. "I want Aaron to be successful as a human being, as a student, as he continues to finish up pursuing his degree from Illinois – and I’m confident that he will do that.”
Last month, Coach John Groce suspended Cosby and guard Rayvonte Rice without explanation. Before his suspension, Cosby hadn't been in the lineup since mid-January after suffering a torn retina.
A transfer from Seton Hall who sat out last season, Cosby started 13 times in the 19 games he played for the Illini. He averaged 7.8 points a game.
- Illini Fall To No.5 Wisconsin, 68-49
- Illini Knock Out Michigan In Overtime 64-52
- Hill Delivers Nail-Biting 60-58 Illini Win Over Penn State
- Shorthanded Illini Fall On The Road To Minnesota 79-71
- Purdue Boilermakers Fall to the Illini, 66-57
- Former Illini Coach Lou Henson Chosen For Collegiate Hall Of Fame
- The Illini Suffer a Late Loss to Indiana 80-74
- Illini Offense Struggles in 54-43 Loss to Nebraska
- Illinois Holds On To Beat Michigan St. 59-54