The History Behind ‘Go Cubs Go’
As enthusiasm for the Chicago Cubs run to the World Series has roared across the country, so has the ubiquitousness of the Cubs theme song penned by the late Steve Goodman. But there's an interesting backstory to how it became the team's official theme song.
R.C. McBride of Normal shares the backstory on how 'Go Cubs Go' came to be the official theme song of the Chicago Cubs.
- The Cubs: The Complete Story Of Chicago Cubs Baseball
- Theo Epstein Aims to Break the Cubs’ Drought
- Cubs Top Cleveland 5-1; World Series Tied At One Game Apiece
- Cleveland Indians Beat Chicago Cubs 6-0 In Game 1 Of World Series
- Chicago Cubs Fans, Historians Talk Team’s First World Series Appearance Since 1945
- Cubs Win National League Pennant; French Journalist Discusses Racism; Illinois Politics
- Cubs Fans Hope World Series Ends ‘Lovable Losers’ Nickname
- Chicago Cubs Beat Los Angeles Dodgers To Enter World Series For First Time Since 1945
- Voting With a Disability; Conversations Around Shootings; Cubs Playoffs Update
- New StoryCorps Book; Migratory Birds; Go Cubs Go
- Stars Come Out For Baseball History Panel At Wrigley Field
- Last Living World Series Cub Returns To Wrigley Field