UI Trustees Panel To Name Interim Chancellor Wednesday
A committee of University of Illinois trustees is scheduled to meet Wednesday to accept Chancellor Phyllis Wise's resignation and appoint an interim replacement. The meeting of the executive committee is scheduled for 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Henry Administration Building on the Urbana campus.
Wise abruptly announced last week that she will step down as the U of I’s top administrator on Wednesday.
On Friday, the university revealed Wise and other administrators used private email accounts to discuss key matters and avoid public scrutiny.
The campus is dealing with problems ranging from a lawsuit by a professor whose job offer was rescinded, Steven Salaita, to allegations and lawsuits alleging mistreatment of athletes by the coaching staff.
The search for a permanent replacement for Wise is expected to take most of the academic year.
- UI Faculty Offer Input Into Wise’s Replacement
- University of Illinois Urbana Chancellor Wise To Resign Effective Next Week
- U of I Prof: “Gray Area” In FOIA’d E-mails
- Planned UI/Carle Med School Will Go On Without Chancellor
- Community Activists Call For Ouster Of U of I Chancellor
- Chancellor Regrets Uproar Over Prof. Salaita
- Faculty Petition Supports Chancellor In Salaita Case
- Chancellor Wise Expresses Regret Over Salaita Case
- U Of I Forum Held Following Personal Attacks Against Chancellor
- U Of I Chancellor Subjected To Sexist, Racist Tweets After Campus Stays Open
- Chancellor Phyllis Wise
- Easter, Kennedy Respond To U of I Twitter Attack; Wise Writes Column